Latino Family Development
The Latino Family Development program provides services to low to moderate income Hispanic/Latino families who may benefit from increased language proficiency and financial literacy, translation services, and, achieving DREAMer (Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors) status.
Services provided under the Latino Family Development program include:
- English Language Learners (ELL) Course that includes a financial literary instruction
- Free income tax preparation services
- Translation services for low-income applications and tax forms, including those applying for DREAMer Status
Applications for the English Language Learners course and GED course are available at the Community Services location: 1000 SE Hancock, Topeka, KS 66607.
Contact Abraham Cortez at 785-235-9296 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
WHY WE DO IT
The Latino Family Development program helps strengthen Hispanic/Latino families by improving their language proficiency for employment, saving resources through tax services, and helping them achieve their potential through other supportive systems.
DO I QUALIFY?
- Enrollment for ELL classes begin in July before the school year. A pretest is required for enrollment.
- Free income tax preparation services are available to Shawnee County residents.