We Fight Poverty
Founded in 1972, Community Action, Inc., is a locally controlled, non-profit organization established to address the causes and conditions of poverty. Community Action is a place of hope and support to people in their journey out of poverty.
We do our work through:
- Providing appropriate supports and services to promote self-sufficiency
- Creating partnerships that strengthen communities
- Advocating for public policies that help people achieve their full potential
With a professional staff of 75 and a volunteer, Governing Board of 33 individuals, Community Action is reflective of and responsive to the communities and people we serve. Our work demands that we stay abreast of poverty trends and emerging data, and that we use approaches to fighting poverty that are evidence-based and proven to achieve positive outcomes.
Our work is supported by:
- Charitable Foundations
- Gifts from Area Businesses
- Private Contributions
- Government Grants and Loans
Service Area Map